Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pork and Broccoli Special

Dinner: March 31

Pork chops and broccoli were on sale, so that’s what stared at me from the refrigerator on a Saturday night. Both of those items can be painfully boring, so I went out on a limb to spruce them up.

I haven’t experimented much with flavors and creating my own dishes, so I gave it a whirl. For the pork chops, salt and pepper didn’t seem to be enough, so I decided to rub them down with coriander. I then seared both sides in a hot pan until done.



I cut the broccoli and scattered it on a foil-lined baking pan. I sprinkled with salt, pepper, and olive oil and put in the oven at 350 degrees. I let them cook for about 20 minutes until the edges were browned, removed from the oven, and sprinkled with lemon zest, lemon juice, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.



An otherwise boring meal turned into something very tasty! The lemon and cheese on the broccoli gave it a very punchy flavor, and the coriander on the pork chops gave them an extra boost of seasoning they needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment