Friday, January 27, 2012

Bruschetta My Way


Dinner: January 26

In the previous post, I cooked a ham steak with some thinly sliced veggies. Obviously, that meant leftovers for two meals.

Leftovers, schmeftovers. No matter how good the original meal, leftovers are rarely as tasty or exciting. So to add a bit of excitement to leftover meals, I often make a few slices of bruschetta using whatever I have on hand.

Traditional bruschetta is simply bread rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil. But a few extra ingredients can make for yummy and interesting bread that goes great with any meal.

Last night, I tried several different types of bruschetta toppings on my Italian bread. One included some bagged shredded cheeses and a crumbled piece of precooked bacon. I had some fontina cheese, so I made two pieces of bread with that, one that also included some diced fresh tomato and garlic. I also had some camambert cheese, so I threw some slices on two pieces of bread, and I also added some diced green onion to one of them.



They may not be fancy, but they were all delicious and helped make my leftover meal more appealing.

1 comment:

  1. Could I just have that for dinner, please? Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete