Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Year into Culinary Adventures...


I made quite a few resolutions at the start of 2011, and this seems to be the only one I kept. I wanted to maintain this blog with culinary exploits throughout the year, trying at least one new meal per week. Though there have been a few patches, like the last two weeks, that missed the mark due to travel and other obligations, I never gave up.

That says something about the impact that cooking has had on my life. I’ve not only discovered that I have a bit of a talent for it - one that certainly needs work but is workable - but I also enjoy cooking. After decades of macaroni and cheese from a box and more take-out food than my body ever should’ve endured, I’m discovering that cooking can be cheaper, healthier, and a positive experience all around. I’ll never give up my Taco Bell entirely, but cooking is now a permanent part of my weekly repertoire.

My other original intention with this blog was to discover more about wines. That, sadly, fell a bit flat when I discovered how overwhelming the wine world really is. I do hope to start including more about wines going forward, but I’m making no promises there.

I’m keeping the blog domain name as is, but I’m continuing the blog indefinitely as “My New Life of Culinary Curiosity.” There are so many more things I want to do in the kitchen - make crepes and fresh pasta, dive into Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines, and start experimenting with my own recipes - which is going to take far more than another one year to accomplish. So, stay with me, folks. I enjoy sharing my successes and failures with you, and I’ll keep doing so as 2012 gets underway.

Bon app├ętit!

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer - I love reading these and your writing in general. Now if you could write about the self discipline it takes to do this - that would be great too!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete