Thursday, July 21, 2011

Flavorful Fettuccine

Dinner: July 20

I love cheese. When I’m looking for a comforting dish, it will usually contain copious amounts of cheese.

This recipe that I discovered had it all. Courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis, I found what I was looking for in a creamy baked fettuccine with Asiago and thyme. Oh my!

The recipe can be found here on the Cooking Channel website. And of course, I cut it in half because even I can’t eat that much pasta and cheese. The only substitution I made was to use Mascarpone cheese instead of crème fraiche, because I still can’t find it in my local grocery food chain stores.

Basics:  Boiled half box of fettuccine until al dente. Pulled out pasta and added to a bowl of freshly grated Asiago and Parmesan cheeses, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and Mascarpone. Mixed, put in buttered baking dish, and covered with remainder of Asiago cheese. Baked 25 minutes in 375 degree oven until golden brown.



Results:
Oh yes, it was cheesy and creamy! The baking portion of the process gave a nice crunch to some of the dish, and the rest was simply creamy and delicious. Thyme was the perfect herb for it, and I believe using fresh instead of dried gave it much more flavor. The Mascarpone certainly made it richer than the recipe likely intended, but I didn’t mind. *wink, wink* It was a very simple meal, and even half the recipe will feed me for 3 to 4 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment