Sunday, January 2, 2011

Really French French Toast

January 2: Breakfast

I recently saw this on French Food at Home with Laura Calder on the Cooking Channel, and it seemed like an easy dish and an interesting way to deal with French bread that has passed its prime.

Basics: Soaked pieces of bread in a bowl of milk for a few minutes to soften, then dipped in mixture of egg, salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence. Placed in layer of melted butter in stovetop pan and cooked for several minutes on each side until golden brown.

I added a few pieces of bacon to my plate as well for something extra.



Results:
Wow! I discovered that I had no jam or syrup for the toast, but it turned out I didn’t need it! The herbes de Provence was flavorful enough to provide plenty of taste for the toast. The entire dish was very easy, took less than 10 minutes to prepare, and was delicious.



This will become a staple in my kitchen going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment